Why should you buy the Coleman Coffee Maker?
Coleman Coffee Maker product review by Jeen van der Meer
Coleman 5008C700T Camping Coffee Maker I have been using the Coleman Camping Coffeemaker for several years, now. It has held-up well, despite the glass carafe, and does not look any different now than it did when I bought it. The Coleman Coffeemaker works just like any home drip system, with several small differences; 1. It is slower – even with a hot camp stove, don’t expect to be sipping a cup-of-joe in less than 15 minutes.
2. There is no visible gauge on the reservoir. You have to measure the water using the carafe, adding an extra cup to account for evaporation.
I have recommended the Coleman Coffeemaker to several friends, and they have also been happy with it. Note that it does take a fairly hot stove (~10,000 BTU) to work well, and the stove needs a nice wide surface for the coffeemaker to sit on; it will not work with a smaller round-burner stove.
- Takes less than a minute make your hot drink.
- There is a lot of different coffee, tea and cocoa k-cups available from companies like Green Mountain, Diedrich, Gloria Jean’s, Timothy’s, Van Houtte, Tully’s, Coffee People, Newman’s Own, Celestial Seasonings, Bigelow, Twinings, and Ghirardelli.
- To save money or to use your favorite blend you can make your own coffee with the reusable k-cup
- The price is very competitive compared to other single cup coffeee makers.
- The machine does not make a latte machiato or cappuccino
These coffee makers are for:
- People that don’t have the time to use a normal drip coffee maker
- An ofice where everybody prefers a different coffee blend
- For a single person, who want the ease of the occassional cup of coffee
- Someone who wants the comforts of a programmable coffee maker
Let’s take a look at all of the coffee maker features.
- 1500-watt single-cup home brewing system with one-touch controls
- Uses patented K-Cups; 4 brew-size options; Quiet Brew technology
- 24-hour digital clock; programmable LCD message center
- Removable 60-ounce water tank; removable drip tray for quick cleanup
- Measures 13-1/4 by 10 by 13 inches; 1-year limited warranty
A short summary
Easy to use
Easier to clean than a coffee maker
Saves money, no wasted coffee
Brews a better cup of coffee
Brew good hot chocolate, we use the Cafe Escapes K-cups
Easy to find K-cups locally
Everyone can get the coffee, tea, hot chocolate they want