Cleaning A Coffee Maker the Better Way
Ever wondered what could be the best way for cleaning a coffee maker? If you happen to be among the millions of people who love to enjoy a good cup of coffee you more than likely own one or more types of coffee makers. And if you truly enjoy a great cup of coffee then you are sure to be well aware of the importance of cleaning a coffee maker will make in the quality of coffee that you will be drinking.
While there are millions of coffee makers in homes across the world there are millions of people who are unaware as to the proper way how to clean a coffee maker. No matter if you are just reading a coffee maker review and trying to decide what type of coffee maker you wish to buy or already have the coffee maker you have had your eye on you need to know how it should be cleaned.
The first thing that you should know when you are cleaning a coffee maker is that you should be cleaning your coffee maker at least one time each month to get rid of odors and stains left behind by the coffee. You need to keep your coffee maker nice and clean in order to keep your coffee tasting good.
The Actual Cleaning Procedure
When you keep your coffee machine clean and tidy you are accomplishing a number of things including keeping your coffee tasting its very best.
While cleaning your coffee maker you are removing any hard water mineral deposits that may have settled on the surface of your coffee maker.
You are also getting rid of other impurities that may be affecting the taste of your coffee as well as oils that are left behind by previously brewed cups of coffee.
- To begin the coffee maker cleaning process you need to mix together a cleaning solution of white vinegar and water. It is wise to use only white vinegar as any other vinegar will taint your coffee. You need to mix together 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water to get optimal cleaning results. You will want to prepare enough of this mixture in order to fill your coffee pot completely.
- After you have done this you need to pour the mixture into the water reservoir of your coffee maker and turn your coffee pot on.
- Now that the vinegar and water mixture has run all the way through it is extremely important to turn your coffee machine and let it cool off for at least 20 minutes. You need to then pour the vinegar and water solution down the drain once it has been completely run through your coffee brewer.
- If you happen to be cleaning a coffee maker that may not have been cleaned in a while it would be very beneficial to repeat this process several times. Make sure that each time you choose to repeat this process you prepare a new cleaning solution.
- Now you will need to rinse the pot out with clean and warm water. Next you need to begin filling up the water reservoir again with warm, clean water. Once again start the rinsing process by turning the coffee brewer on.
- Now you are going to want to make sure that the vinegar and water solution has been completely removed from your coffee maker. To accomplish this you need to complete the process of rinsing the coffee pot one last time after you have let the coffee pot cool for at least 20 to 25 minutes. This way you will not have to worry about any funny aftertaste in the first pot you brew after cleaning.
This is the very best and most efficient way how to clean a coffee maker. When you are taking the time and cleaning a coffee maker the proper way you are not only taking the extra measures to make sure your coffee is always tasting great you are also going to increase the life of your coffee pot.
So keep all of this in mind as you go over each coffee maker review and you will be enjoying your coffee as well as your coffee maker for a long time to come.