The KitchenAid 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker – Red (KCM534ER)
Being a small office of passionate coffee drinkers we needed a coffee maker which consistently serves 10 cups of good coffee at one time. Having researched several brands (mostly European) we were then very happy to come upon this KitchenAid coffee maker. Now we have been using it for the past two months and are still singing its praises………
The KCM534ER has the following features
- Its solid construction and brushed stainless-steel finish. Red color even matches office decor.
- The beep sounds when brewing is finished and the heating plate shuts down. This is a great feature.
- Indicator showing when cleaning is necessary. Nice.
- Time since brewing indicator. Neat
- It brews a full pot (14 – 4,5 oz. cups) in just 8 minutes at around 190 degrees. An hour later the temp was still 180.
- Independant switches for setting time, brew start, etc. great for starting up again after power loss.
- Despite the coffee being on the heating plate for 2 hours – the coffee is still drinkable. “Good to the last drop”.
- Frontfill reservoir and ion exchange water filter.
- It uses less coffee than our previous coffee machine to produce a full-bodied cup of coffee and looks good brewing it.
- The whole machine is easy to clean.
There are a few minor negative points though:
- Gold filter basket with its solid flat bottom caused the problem of the coffee not draining well, causing grounds to spill over the sides of the metal filter and run down into the pot. This didn’t suit us and we resorted to paper filters. The taste of the coffee didn’t suffer.
- After being unplugged it would be better if it had a memory setting.
I would recommend this KitchenAid Coffee Maker. Its great to come to the office in a morning to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.