Starbucks is one of the leading companies when it comes to the finest coffee beans and good coffee makers. Since its inception in 1971 in Seattle, the company has since expanded to 49 countries to become the world’s largest coffeehouse company.
The products in a Starbucks store usually range from drip-brewed and espresso coffee concoctions of the hot and cold varieties as well as other complementary drinks and snacks to promotional items like mugs and shirts. Of course, there are also coffee products available for sale both in-store and online.
However, it must be noted that not all Starbucks products are available in every branch of the coffee company. There are seasonal and specialty products unique to the store’s locality while branded ice cream and coffee can be purchased in grocery stores.
Coffee Maker and Coffee Beans for Sale
The Seattle-based company boasts of five types of coffee beans available in its online site, which are classified according to area of origin. Thus, coffee aficionados can choose from these five varieties, to wit: Latin America, Africa/Arabia, Asia/Pacific, Multi-Region Blends and Specialty Roast, for a total of about 30 coffee blends.
The company website further classifies the Starbucks coffee beans according to intensity of flavor. Hence, there are mild blends, medium blends, bold blends and extra bold blends, with special classification according to its seasonality.
As can be expected from gourmet coffees, complex flavors can be enjoyed depending on the coffee blend. For the Latin American blend of Bella Vista F.W. Tres Rios Costa Rica, hints of fruits like peach and pineapple accentuate the coffee taste. The Africa/Arabia seasonal blend of Arabian Mocha Sanani has chocolate and spice tones.
From the Asia/Pacific region comes the Sumatra extra bold blend with its earthy aroma and herbal notes reminiscent of the land it came from. And then there are the specialty roast coffee beans for which Starbucks is known for. Named after the first branch, Pike Place Roast supposedly represents the value for which the coffee company stands for.
Of course, these are just a few of the more than 30 coffee blends available. Most coffee aficionados will have favorites, as it should be in the discerning and discriminating world that coffee can create.
As to coffee makers, the company has them especially designed to suit their needs. There are brewed coffee machines as well as espresso machines in which the branded coffee beans can be prepared. The capacity is usually limited to 1, 8 and 12 cups for the brewed coffee machines while the espresso machines are at limited to just 2 cups each.
- Clear descriptions regarding area of origin, blend intensity and coffee tones are provided in the website.
- The organized presentation of the products by geographical area and intensity makes for easier online shopping.
- Wide range of variety in coffee beans allow for satisfaction of virtually every taste amongst coffee fans.
- Due to the presence of many stores, coffee cravings can easily be satisfied.
- The coffee makers look good and function well, too.
- Starbucks has garnered critical acclaim for its thrusts in helping the environment, advancing the cause of fair trade and in assisting less fortunate people in rebuilding their lives.
- The quality of the blends can vary depending on the season and the store. The differences are often miniscule but are there, nonetheless.
- A few of the blends are on the expensive side especially when shipping and handling costs are factored in. This is of special concern for individuals living in areas where the coffee company has yet to establish a store.
When it comes to the finest coffee available to coffee connoisseurs and recreational drinkers alike, the range of Starbucks coffee beans and coffee makers remain to be one of the best, if not the best, in the market today. One piece of good advice: Start with the basic blends to gain an appreciation of coffee culture. Move on to the more complex coffee blends to gain greater knowledge of the tones and textures that each coffee blend possesses.
One’s repertoire of coffee will expand with experimentation, exploration and experience. In a world where new blends are constantly being discovered, it’s a good way to live life